So Ive been trying to keep the little girl busy at home. We werent suppose to be home together for a whole 'nother week. I was rushing to have everything taken care of so....come Monday when her winter break started we had ample time to goof around. I would have been able to give her quality time - not just drag her along behind me, tired, hungry, cranky, and bored to all the stores for pre-christmas day preparations. But this storm hit pretty hard. I was eager for the snow to begin - but when it started and I wasnt able to drive her to school - I became bummed out! Worried about DC driving to and from work. I know its nothing compared to what the northeast is enduring but come on. This is one lil girl that grew up in small town, Arizona in the high desert plateau where we never had to worry about driving in SNOW!
One thing I love about living here in smalltown, NM is the SNOW and the need for a AWD vehicle. yippee! I love it! Except when my husband makes us drive the 2wd truck - THen - nah! we hate it! lol
So yes, thats what it has been like for the pass 3 days. Sorry Rhy! The school district already cancelled school for manana! But Rhy's teacher was nice enough to call all the parents and let them know - that regardless of the cancellation - she WILL have the christmas fiesta as planned. Yahoo! Rhy was happy to hear that good news. So we both have a 2 week vacation and then back to school. BOTH OF US! Can you believe it - Im gonna be an asst teacher with the preschool. I hope I survive the 16 weeks Im hired for! EEKS! Suddenly I feel like shaggy and rhy clueless to know she's scooby...lol.
So most of our shopping is complete for the little girl. She wants a pet so bad - but I refuse to get a cat and DC wants a dog. But I said in these conditions that animal will not stay outside. SO if we get a dog it has to be a house pet. And he refuses that - so were down to a fish. lol. poor rhyan she wants a pet VERY badly. more than I can explain. And of course everything that comes on tv she wants. I respond with yep mommy wants that too - but we cant always get what we want. She doesnt like it and now shes on this new kick with whinning " you dont love me!!!!" followed by lots of crying.
I have no idea what to do about it. Really Im clueless! Help!
Im using DC's computer so I will upload pictures later when im back on my computer!
take care - stay warm - and happy singing - and remember dont buy too many gifts! Sometimes all people want is a phone call, a visit at home, or a little greeting card! {{{{smiles}}}}
I'm Back!
10 years ago
2 comments:
It a four-year-old thang. I get the same 'tude from TJ. He told me one afternoon he had enough and was running away to California. I told him to take a coat, it's awful cold and that's quite a walk. He looked at me funny, put on his fireman raincoat and ran outside. He got as far as the mailbox (maybe 15 yards away) and then decided to turn around. I didn't chase after him, I just let him go! So yes, I've been told I'm mean and I don't love him. So I remind him that there really are little boys and girls out there who do not have a Mommy and Daddy to take care of them or a nice, warm place to live. Wanna REALLY make her see how MUCH you love her and how lucky she is? Take her to a food bank to donate some food and let her see that there are people who really don't have food. I haven't had a problem getting TJ to finish his dinner yet! Remember how our Mom's used to say there are starving children in Africa? I say the same, except I say America and show him that it's really true! Oh, and personally I think the worst thing you can do when you're getting that little sassy tongue is to sass back. Give her a hug instead and tell her you love her, and people who love each other don't talk to each other that way. Going back to work has really helped my patience with TJ. I'm less likely to snap and more tolerant of his quirky behavior. Don't stress too much over Rhy, she's only four. Can you believe they'll be off to kindergarten next year!! What happened to our babies??
thank you for your kind words. very sweet and I needed that bit of info. makes me calm and helps me to be calm with her. or as tolerant as you! thanks your such a great friend.
Post a Comment