Talked to a very interesting person a minute ago and they told me some interesting info.
wanted to get it down before i forget. Did you know that girls as the older of all siblings do better than boys with the "older child" responbibilities. Eldest Girls are least likely to become pregnant - with a strong household of both involved parents. Fathers need to nuture the love for their daughters - otherwise they seek it out from outside sources. And boys dont take on the responsibility as well as girls - they take longer to mature. That one I think I knew already. But did you also know that 65% of males in U.S. Prisons are Eldest Children in their families. and a good majority of that 65% had absent fathers. So let your kids be kids - to an extent. Nuture their likes and dislikes - and dont concentrate to much on the physical features - it gives 'em a complex later on. Such as - dont tell your child shes gorgeous or pretty ALL the time. When complementing their attributes reflect on how wonderful their skills are more than the features. Well you may have all known these thing but I didnt give much thought. Until someone was telling me about their children. And the conversation started because I asked one question - "how did you raise such well adjusted and confident children???" Thanks to this older person and all the other older and wiser people whose brain I always pick!!!
I'm Back!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment