Big Hugs to you all from Rhy! She enjoyed her Fourth of July Weekend outside of NM. I had business in Whitecone, Arizona (Navajo Reservation). Rhy of course went with me - DC was working sat and sun as usual for the summer. So we spent Friday and Saturday in wonderful weather and noise-free environment. Its probably what I enjoy most about my grandmothers place. In attempt for rhy to get to know her culture better I have reconnected with ole relatives. Let me tell you - she sure loves the reservation atmosphere. I do too (to an extent). I like the slow pace in which life rolls out there. I love that you get lost out there for days and not bothered with the arduous day in and out of urban life.
So Rhy and I took a long nature walk around her great grandmothers homestead. lol. We ran from the house (.25miles) to North S.R. 77 and back. She loved it. My grandmothers dog ran along the side Rhy and followed her everywhere. Made me comfortable esp. with snakes lurking the high brush. We didnt get a chance to see fireworks but we had fun gettin' dirty in the mud. She chased a Rainbow for .75miles searching for the pot of gold at the end. Her older cousins ran after her laughing, trying to get her to understand that it doesnt happen. Rhy wouldnt hear of it. She ran and ran and ran - looking for that gold. Made us all laugh as she tried tirelessly to run in sagebrush and over cow pies. Oh how I love her innocence and effort!!! Thats my girl.
She rode her bike, used an outhouse (to her dismay), cooked a hotdog in a solar oven, roasted mallows over a firepit, chased the sheep in the corral, played drill sergeant with her littler cousins, and ate a LOT of junk food.
She especially loved that mommy let her run around with no worry of traffic and dirt. I sat on my camping chair on the front stoop watching all her activities. BTW: She was excited to have used a payphone for the first time. She thought it was so strange. never have seen mommy or daddy use one - she was baffled. When we called DC - she expressed with great enthusiasm at how "neat" is was to use a phone mounted to the outside of a store. HAhahah too funny.
SO in all this enjoyment I didnt once take the camera out of the jeep and missed plenty of kodak moments. Why is it that fathers are more likely to take snaps than mommies. I think we're too busy trying to protect life than capturing it on disk! how funny you thought I was gonna say film. Who uses film anymore. ROTFL ... me, until I recently figured out how to use our digicamera. hahahah
I'm Back!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment