Where has the time gone...?

Where has the time gone...?

Yada Yada Yada

Reagan only eats when Rhyan feeds her! She wont eat for DC and I. We laughed after the girls went to bed the other night....thinking of the occasion when we check Rhyan out of school. Our excuse = Uh, Mrs. Principal we need to check out Rhyan for 30 mins, she has to go home and feed her 5 month old sister. LOL

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Her Elementary school is horrifically terrible

I cant get that tooth out. It just wont fall out. Its very stressful for me. the other tooth has already grown out in the back. Im trying to scare Rhyan hopin it'll make her wiggle out the darn thing. But NOOOO!
I keep forgetting to call the dentist. I know he's gonna wanna have her in to evaluate the problem and then a shot will follow, then crying, and out it comes! Im more terrified than Rhyan.

School is alright. Im still frantic about getting Rhyan in a BETTER school. just the other day the principal announced that no RED or BLUE shirts were allowed anymore. Children in the higher grades were fighting because of "gang affliation". what a joke, right!

I wanna get this kid out of the ghetto school shes currently at. Im afraid she'll be harrassed later in life or pulled into a bathroom by some boy. shes a very cute kid and I can see this happening.

the other day I spent time talking with a mom at girl scouts. Her daughter goes to the "best" public school in our town. It pained me to hear the progress and activities her child has experienced. I know my child deserves the best. she has so much potential now and an eagerness to learn. she learns quickly! I dont want that to fizzle away. To sum it up for you, after I arrived home I cried from 6:30p till 10:00pm. DC and I have contemplated moving. Yes, selling our newly constructed home we love so much and moving into to a home built in the 60's. Our school district has very strict residential enrollment boundaries for all the elementary schools in this town. Our only other option is .... enroll in private. Both are private christian schools and tuition ranges from $1800.00 to $5400.00. DC refused to pay that money at the beginning of this school year. Now, hes contemplating anything. The problem = where will we get the money to pay for tuition?!?!?

Everyday is a struggle with this decision.

I naturally run from my problems or ignore them hoping they'll go away. this one stares me in the face everyday. especially when Rhyan speaks. regrettably shes picked up the local slang and accent from the kids that go to her school. Ihave always taught her about proper sentence structure when she speaks. Now, she hears the incorrect form all day long she comes home thinking thats the way everyone speaks. I tell her day after day that its improper english and not to speak in that manner. Does it stick in her head. Sadly No!

Im worried and everyone in our family seems to think that its a problem ive made bigger than it really is. me? i dont think so.

on a happier note..... rhyans bday is on sunday and we will celebrate at church on saturday. Thats another story. Ill tell you later.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Have you ever considered cyber school? It would require a little more on your part, but maybe it's worth considering. There's a great school online, look up littlelincoln.org when you have a minute!

I totally understand your frustration, if we were still there, TJ would be going to Rhy's school also. Todd said that school was fine until they built the apts... you know which ones I mean!

I have some issues with TJ coming home and saying things that I don't feel are appropriate, but all I can do is remind him what is acceptable for us in our home.

Does that school offer any kind of gifted cirriculum? Maybe if you explain to the staff that you don't feel Rhyan's needs are being met (I HATE this "No child left behind" program, it's so unfair to the kids who are more advanced)!

My heart really goes out to you, education is such a big deal and it's a shame that school isn't up to your standards.

Oh, and for what it's worth- I knew several of the children who went to the "better" public school you're referring to, and all of these children who were "non-white" had other problems with racial comments, etc. My poor friend Quyen's little boy was hit and picked on all the time there, and not once did the bullies get reprimanded. They ended up moving to Alb-q, it was that bad.

Don't all the schools in that district offer the same cirriculum?

Anyway, drop me an email if you want to "chat". I don't want to use up all your comment space!