
This is my kitty cat with her homemade costume. Put together on a whim, 12 minutes to be exact, for another friends halloween party. The ears were actually part of my costume. Tail cute from black felt and attached with good'ole safety pins. I love safety pins, they remind me of my grandmother, Lucy.

We are decorating the sugar cookies and making Mounds candy bugs. The kids had fun, i really didnt think they would've enjoyed this part of the party. Lucky for me, they did!
This is what you can do with an excess of Barbie dolls lying around the house.
I tried making Martha's Starched Ghosts with cheeseclothe. I had so much fun! I wrapped Barbie(s) upper body with Aluminum foil and the lower body with a grocery bag. Stood her up inside a drinking glass (plastic won't work, the wet cheeseclothe will cause cup to topple over). Mixed liquid starch in bowl and drenched clothe according to instructions on bottle. Squeezed excess liquid from clothe and draped over barbie mummies. Allowed them to dry for atleast 5 hrs and whallah! I made Martha Stewarts Ghosts! Very cute.
Close up of 1st Barbie (Sleeping Beauty)! tee hee
Party Favors I made for the kids. I went bonkers with the felt this year and fabric paint. I also purchased rubber cement and glued all sorts of Halloween junk to lil glass jars and votive candle holders. The lil frankie's u see are glued on 3 sides and placed atop suckers for lollipop covers. Had a blast making 'em. I also made pumpkin and ghostly lollipop covers. I tried to make easy crafts this year becuz I wanted Rhy to have ease with the crafts. Sadly, she didnt want to help with any of the crafts. Guess shes use to paranoid and picky mommy telling her shes doin' it wrong! I know! I know! I need to let her do it on her own and stop hovering over her! Poor Kid doesnt want to help me with things anymore. Its not much fun for her if she cant explore her skills without a neurotic mom dictating how TO DO IT PROPERLY! Im a bad mommy!
See the really big ghost on top the oatmeal containers! I tried just one and placed him outside on our lil tree! It was awesome -until we got snow!
My lil buffet table with treats. And below is the last minute
invite I made and mailed out only 3 days prior to the party! I know Im so behind on things and always so late! But in my defense the moms have known about the party for months. I just post on facebook and the read. But I just couldnt go without using all my stamping up supplies! It makes me feel creative and worthy when I get to use my glue stick and paper cutter! lol





No comments:
Post a Comment