Okay so Im really embarrassed! I thought for the last day of school I would be a nice mommy and let Rhyan take her sippy cup of milk to class. ONLY because - if shes misses milk in the morning when we're running late she- later in the day shes turns into a Monster! Bad for the teachers. Soooo, running late I let her take the cup into class and she was sooo teased by the other kids. I felt so awful for her - luckily Ms. Becky saved us! She spoke up for Rhyan. I remember the comment that was made, " ha ha ha you're a BABY you have a sippy cup"! Yes I know shes 4 yo but she we cant break that. When she needs to drink her milk - which is the only thing that really makes her happy, comforted, and thats it - shes comforted by it. We cant break it. Milk in the morning in a sippy cup, throughout the day (not in a sippy cup) and milk at bedtime with stories (but always brushed teeth after that last cup). So how do I get rid of the sippy cups? I was real strict ab0ut ridding of the bottle, toilet training, and pacifiers. BUT this I cant seem to take away. Ive gotten better - shes doesnt drink everything outta sippies anymore. She gets spill proof water bottles and regular cups for everything except the two comforting servings of milk. Oh my goodness I just now realized my daughters four and I still have a butt load of sippy cups in her cabinet. I dont use them - but Im hanging on to them. For what? Gotta rid the house of them except for the four. Huge milestone - guess Rhy and I are gonna have a talk.
So anyway on to bedtime! Rhyan has been sleeping in her room by herself IN her own bed for almost two months now! Yea! We had the hardest time - bargaining with her and threatning her to stay there! by the way not a good thing. I would get so tired of the crying and her crawling in bed with us at 2 am. So I gave in and just said she'll do it when shes ready. AND she did. Its the only thing so far that I havent pushed, yelled and screamed about. And guess what she did do it on her own will. One evening two months ago she expressed how much she would like to sleep in her own bed that night. Unconvinced with her enthusiasm I shrugged it off! The next day while shopping Rhyan said she wanted DISNey Princess sheets for her bed (double yuk!). I said yes only if she promises to sleep in the bed ALONE like a big girl. Because only big girls get princess sheets. BTW: when I gave birth to a girl I told everyone - this kid is not gonna be one of those girls with only pink things. What happens, my daughters favorite color in the entire world is pink! yuk, yuk! Let alone did I refuse to do the Disney Princess thing. It just ended up that way. Commercials and their marketing strategies - cant compete with them. Ugh! I sooo loath Disney Princess anything! Anyway I have my bed back - I have my hubby back. The last time we slept alone was before Rhyan was born. Awh! No more tight muscles from being crunched to the very edge of the bed for the past four years. Awh! Awh! (one more time) Awh! *sigh*
FYI: I forgot our camera for our trip to Casa Grande this week - so bummed - will not have pictures to share. Sorry all!
I'm Back!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment