Where has the time gone...?

Where has the time gone...?

Yada Yada Yada

Reagan only eats when Rhyan feeds her! She wont eat for DC and I. We laughed after the girls went to bed the other night....thinking of the occasion when we check Rhyan out of school. Our excuse = Uh, Mrs. Principal we need to check out Rhyan for 30 mins, she has to go home and feed her 5 month old sister. LOL

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Rhyan!








Okay so last week I was so stressed out planning SOMETHING - ANYTHING for the little girl.



Her Bday was friday, Dom had been out of town for a week, my mother was busy with another family crisis - and Rhyans last buddy (Tj) had moved away months ago. So what was I suppose to do for her? Every year prior we had a pretty decent turn out and celebrated like we won the lottery. This year the funds were tight - Daddy was missing - and no friends to be found.



So depressed out of my mind on what to do - last minute I figured I would use the preschool to our advantage. Already scheduled to take snacks on Friday I added a cake and party hats for the little monsters. Desperate for a party and an outstanding cake only a three yr old girl would love I went over the top AGAIN. or I should say as always. I know I know ! I shouldnt have - but I could help it. Shes my little girl! And come on can you imagine how sad she wouldve been if by Friday evening no Party - she wouldve been crushed. So I tried to make a princess castle cake. I mentioned it to rhyan only after seeing how easy it would be to make - of course she flipped for the idea. So I set out to make the cake on Weds. night. Again I mentioned before NEVER NEVER try out a new recipe when your pressed for time. long story short - the cake Blew Up in the OVEN! OMG! You guys are gonna love this. I added vanilla instant pudding to the cake mix - over filled the batter and Poof! Molten Lava runnith over!
As usually I wouldve had a cow and started all over. But being a single mom for the past fourteen days I blew it off. I laughed - took the picture to show you all - threw in the towel and bought a premade cake from WalMart. It was a $4 Mothers Day cake. I took off the flowers from the top - added more frosting and then finally embellished like a Princess Castle. I was so ecstatic to have finished the darn thing. The WalMart cake came into play on Thurs. and the finally product was in the refrig at 1:35am Friday morning. Wheew! There were some boo boos - I figured who cares their only preschoolers. They dont care! The cake at school was a hit. The kids didnt want anything to do with the candy on the cake - everyone called for the ice cream cones. See the green M&M's, Pepperidge Farms cookies, Disney Princesses are scrapbook stickers, and how cute are my topiaries. LOL!


No comments: