
The lil DEv... Angel is learning primary colors in Spanish. And counting to twenty in Spanish. As for English: counting to 100 now! Yea Rhyan! BTW: Rhyan is utterly OBSESSED with Lisa Kelly of the vocalist group Celtic Woman and one of their many songs, "The Voice", Alicia Keyes', "No One", and lastly The Disney Princess Christmas CD. Its May and Im listening to "The Holly and Joy" by Cinderella. Ugh! I guess I should be happy. Atleast its Christmas and Not Halloween tunes. Seriously getting worried about this kid. I may have a four year old ‘goth’ girl with year round black lips running around Gallup.
Okay so when the house is a mess. The last room to get attention is the home office/craft room/rhyans media room. So when in the midst of all this spring cleaning I came upon the office, I made it top priority to thin out the supplies and clutter. I plugged along for hours on Thursday and reminded myself of my reward. To stamp. So when all was done - the clock read 12:35am. Rhyan was asleep, Dominick was watching TV - conditions were perfect for interruption-free stamping time! I just couldn’t do it. I was so exhausted from all my clutter the bed was calling.
So Friday I sewed Rhyan's three-hour pillowcase, ran my errands to the recycling stations, picked up a new order from the stampin up demonstrator Maria, went to the gym, drop by the library, got a quote from Home Depot. When we reached home late in the evening I could'nt wait to use my new punches from Stampin Up. But my poor Rhy was so tired from running errands all day. She wouldn’t let me free. I practically held her all evening.
BTW: Rhyan is so cute when she gets paid for her ”jobs”. She has little chores she needs to perform routinely, such as: collecting wastebaskets, organizing recycables, wiping the table after dinner, collect dirty clothes baskets etc. Mondays are trash day so Sunday nights wastebaskets are collected and left in the garage for her dad. We placed recycling bins in the garage for aluminum cans, newspaper, plastics, cardboard, and plastic bags. Throughout the week she places all the items from around the house in the garage bins. Perfect Right! Only problem … shes in such a hurry at times the daily paper makes it into the bin before anyone gets a chance to read it (Sighing).
So Rhyan is paid a dollar for a weeks worth of “work” she calls it. We allow her to choose how to spend it. On trips to Walmart for groceries, lil Rhyan prepares her 'Want List' for that all valuable one dollar bill that'll burn a hole in her pocket if she dare saves it.
BTW: Rhyan is so cute when she gets paid for her ”jobs”. She has little chores she needs to perform routinely, such as: collecting wastebaskets, organizing recycables, wiping the table after dinner, collect dirty clothes baskets etc. Mondays are trash day so Sunday nights wastebaskets are collected and left in the garage for her dad. We placed recycling bins in the garage for aluminum cans, newspaper, plastics, cardboard, and plastic bags. Throughout the week she places all the items from around the house in the garage bins. Perfect Right! Only problem … shes in such a hurry at times the daily paper makes it into the bin before anyone gets a chance to read it (Sighing).
So Rhyan is paid a dollar for a weeks worth of “work” she calls it. We allow her to choose how to spend it. On trips to Walmart for groceries, lil Rhyan prepares her 'Want List' for that all valuable one dollar bill that'll burn a hole in her pocket if she dare saves it.
Hilarious when she wants to by $40.00 worth of merchandise with her $1. My mothers to blame for this. While out clothes shopping with her grandma in casa grande, Rhyan repeatedly insisted she pay for all the clothes grandma was picking out for her. So MY mom encouraged this behaviour. I would’ve explained otherwise. Said two words...DOLLAR TREE. But you know grandma's. So at the register Rhyan gives the cashier her one dollar bill, merchandise paid. Now, Rhyan thinks a dollar buys plenty. Uh yes...when its $0.01 tootsie roll candy ;-)
(Picture: Rhyan a few months old cute as can be.) She will be four in a few days and talks about boobies, wants to wear mascara, and thinks shes on a level playing field with me. How can I get it through to her that Im the mommy and shes the child. No means No Rhyan! ARGH! (Just breathe.........I love myself......... Im a good person - and darn it people like me...just not my daughter). Wait isnt this suppose to happen until the High School Years?!
No comments:
Post a Comment